Sew along with us!
Sewing alone is fine, but, as we’ve noted before, sewing together with new and old friends is SO much better. Sadly, we can’t be everywhere at once. Except…yes we can…on the internet! And so we are pleased as can be to announce merrily we sew along with improv sewing, hosted by two incredibly talented stitching dynamos, Rachael at Imaginegnats and Kelley at Casa Crafty.
Why sew along?
This is your chance to…
stitch some lovely, modern basics…
design your own embellishments…
and build your creative confidence!
Oh yeah, and there are prizes, too!
Here’s how it works:
- Rachael, Kelley, Debra, and Nicole will choose one improv sewing project every month-ish, and we’ll each share our version of the project on our blogs. (First up, pretty geometric linen placemats!)
- For each project, we’ll invite a guest blogger to sew along and post with us.
- The schedule, not unlike the sewing, will be improv-inspired (hence the -ish)… so just keep an eye out for the next project in the series.
- We want you to channel the improv too! of course, we highly recommend getting your own (reasonably priced!! on amazon!) copy of improv sewing, but you’re welcome to sew along with or without. we won’t be doing full tutorials, but you’ll generally be able to get the idea of the project with or without.
- Join the merrily we sew along flickr group so that you can share your creations with us
- When we announce the monthly-ish project, we’ll also announce the “due date” for you to upload your projects… because by uploading pics of your project to the flickr group, you’ll be entered to win that month’s prize! (INSIDER INFO — think awesome sewing supplies, covetable new crafty books, and more sweet swag).
AND in honor of the merrily we sew along kick-off, we’ve even stitched up this little sailboat button for you to share on your blog or Facebook or wherever! We hope you’ll climb aboard with us for this fun journey. Stay tuned tomorrow for a look at the first project–linen placemats!
If you have any questions, you can always check out the merrily we sew along info page. Oh, and if you’re new here, welcome, and please like our Facebook page to help us reach 500 likes…a dream almost true!
Now, who’s up for a little fun, fast, and fearless stitching?